Personal information we collect from you
Personal information means any information relating to a person that enables them to be identified either directly or indirectly. We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access; and
- records of any correspondence if you contact us via email, post or telephone call.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information, for one or more of the following purposes:
- to enable you to have full access to the website;
- to contact you when you have requested us to do so;
- to conduct research about the use of the website;
- to administer and, for our legitimate interests, to improve the website; and
- to comply with our regulatory and legal obligations.
We do not sell your personal information to others.
Grounds for processing your personal information
To process your personal information lawfully we need to rely on one or more valid legal grounds. The grounds we may rely upon include:
- your consent to particular processing activities;
- our legitimate interests as a business (except where your interests or fundamental rights override these); or
- our compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
When we may share your personal information
There are circumstances where we may wish to share or are compelled to share your personal information with third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed above. We may share your personal information:
- with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website and subject to our Cookies Policy;
- with our third party service providers Yoyo Designs to facilitate the provision of the website;
- where required to do so by court order or where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation;
- with any company or prospective buyer of all or substantially all of the Jordan International Bank group's assets in connection with the sale or transfer of those assets to any prospective buyer.
We may transfer your personal information to one or more countries outside the UK and the European Economic Area ("EEA"), where we (or other companies within the Jordan International Bank group) or our service providers or suppliers maintain operations, including Jordan. You understand that if your personal information is disclosed to third parties outside the EEA, these parties may be based in territories that may not have equivalent data protection laws and may not be subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission. In these circumstances, we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organisational, contractual or other lawful means. Please contact our Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
The servers used to process your personal information collected from this website are in the United Kingdom, however we collect data from wherever website users are situated. The information that we collect may therefore be transferred to the United Kingdom from any other country in which you may be located.
Confidentiality and Security
We take reasonable steps, including physical, technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted to or collected by us and any transmission is at your own risk.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We store IP address and technical information about your computer or mobile device, for a period of 2 years from the time you access our website. We do this in our legitimate interest to discover historical errors and develop and improve our website.
Your rights with regards to your personal information
Under certain circumstances you have the right to:
- request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- request rectification of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you corrected;
- request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- object to further processing of your personal information; and
- request the transfer of your personal information to a third party in a commonly used electronic format.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you or wish to change your preferences at any time, please contact us:
- By email at: email@example.com
- By writing to us, for the attention of our [Compliance Department, at: Almack House, King Street, London, England, SW1Y 6QW.
Please note that we may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, to make a complaint about our processing of your personal information, or to request further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal information.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and practices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, practices or the content of such websites.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website.