A Career at Jordan International Bank
Jordan Internal Bank was established in 1984 in response to a clear demand for a financial institution that could combine experience, knowledge and cultural understanding across two continents to fulfil client’s financial needs. Over three decades the bank has evolved from those founding principles to offer a full range of retail and investment banking services to its clients.
Working for JIB means that you join a team that are passionate about delivering the best for its customers, both internal and external.
JIB is an equal opportunity employer that values and supports diversity in the workplace, respecting everyone in the organisation as an individual. We pride ourselves on promoting an inclusive environment where everyone feels able to participate and achieve their potential.
Our size, around 50 employees, all based in our office in the heart of St James, means that every employee is able to make a positive impact but also enables them to have a breadth of knowledge rather than having to be specialists on one area with the chance of greater responsibility.
Jordan International Bank have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mortgage Manager with supervisory experience to run, coach and manage a small team of Mortgage Managers as we launch our new Mortgage Product in 2021. We are currently working with the Regulatory Authorities to obtain our Mortgage License and are looking for the successful candidate to be able to join us in January 2021.
- Ability to lead and influence a team of Mortgage Advisers
- Ability to monitor, evaluate and develop people
- Ability to effectively implement processes and make changes quickly and efficiently
- An excellent knowledge of Financial Services core products i.e. Mortgages, Life Assurance, Critical Illness, Income Protection and Buildings & Contents Insurance
- An understanding of the culture and style of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the scope of Conduct Risk and how business models should be based on a foundation of fair treatment of customers at all times
- A good level of technical and e-commerce knowledge in order to train Mortgage Advisers to promote our services efficiently and effectively using a mortgage sourcing software solution.
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills, with outstanding communication and listening skills, with the ability to explain complex information in a clear and simple format
- Minimum 18 Months demonstrable Mortgage Sales Management, with full CeMAP mortgage qualification or equivalent
- Highly organised, with a disciplined and structured approach to work
- At least 18 months experience as a Mortgage Supervisor
- Experience of Training and Competency Scheme maintenance
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Evidence of progress towards QCF Level 4 Qualification for the role is preferable.
- Oversight of mortgage operational infrastructure
- Evidence of progress towards QCF Level 4 Qualification for the role is preferable.
What we offer:
Competitive salary and Employee benefits package
A great work environment in a wonderful Central London location
The opportunity to learn, progress and enhance your skills
Full Job Description available on request.